Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Time is my frenemy.....



So Happy New Year! Ok it's a bit delayed, but better late than never. Since December I have been sewing like a fiend and working two jobs, with two little girls in tow. It has been a very difficult balancing act, but one I am getting accustomed to.


Since I have last posted, here's what has happened: I have had many wonderful experiences on Etsy with sales, being chosen for treasuries and my latest was being chosen on March 9th for Etsy's Daily Finds: Spring Ahead! First and foremost Thank You to Christine for choosing my 'Is it Spring Yet?! Reversible Placemats'. I had a tremendous response from Etsy followers, many shop hearts and item hearts!


Today I officially hit 10,000 item views, I couldn't be more thrilled about all of this... I am just coming up on my one year anniversary of being on etsy! So MANY THANKS to all who have encouraged me to set up shop on Etsy, those who have taught me many valuable lessons on how to improve my sewing, my photography, and marketing strategies! Could not have done all this alone. A most important thank you to my customers who have made me feel very special about my products and have made wonderful suggestions on how to improve and other items I can sell. And Last of all but certainly not least to my family - Mom, Dad, and my girls for always helping with this Etsy venture. (How many 2 and 4 year olds do you know that are aware of what Etsy is, and consult with me on my work?)


So now here's what I am currently working on:

The long awaited Toddler size quilts have made it to my workshop table, I have spent the last month compiling, cutting and getting started on my 'Sweet Dreams' quilt line. They should debut by May 1st!


I am collaborating with a dear friend and most amazing artist to start a fabric line of our own, so as this progresses I will have updates on my blog, but we shall begin a blog of our own to keep you all updated and start the buzz..... It will be fantastic for us to work together again, something I have long awaited and much anticipated!


There is also a design firm in the works for Early Summer, with a most wonderful and equally talented group of women who are going full force to change the world one room at a time, again will also have bits of news posted on here as to how this all progresses..


As for my Etsy shop, I have been fully recharged, found my muse and here is something you can check back for from time to time, it all started with some yarn, found at a yard sale, so I will tackle knitting next!
As you can see my plate is full, yet I am fully happy to finally have the creative forces at work in all angles in my life. It all has come about by many angels at work and subtly showing me the path to take. As my strength, confidence, determination and creativity are at full force and raring to go, time is my frenemy...... that I am either embracing or battling each day to let out all of my artistic thoughts and turn them into endeavours!



No comments:

Post a Comment