Saturday, December 19, 2009

Twas a few days before Christmas

Twas a few days before Christmas and all through the
house mass chaos ensued!
Sewing like mad to meet all the orders due!

Four quilts on the table and fabric a strewn
Rolls of thread everywhere and pins on the floor.
When all of a sudden a knock at the door..

The children are running from room to room
helping Mommy get ready for her big deliveries.

I run to the door to see who it may be,
another customer asking what she could see.
Choosing from placemats, runners and splat mats,
She excitedly found what she was looking for!
With a smile on her face and her bag nice and full
She exclaimed with great joy I am ready now
to continue my wrapping and ready to give such
lovely presents that you carefully have made.

With a twinkle in her eye she went out the door
ran to her car and off she went.
Does she know how much her sale really meant?
This year she has helped me put food on my table
so for my girls there was soup in the ladle!

How much it has meant that my customers have helped
keep my house warm and presents under my tree.
My girls will know when they are older
how much we have tried
to make sure they never knew how tough times have gotten.
They will never know really how many times I have cried.
And then this year 2009 I turned it around with just a stitch and some fabric
with all things that have been hanging around in my attic.
Thank you all for your purchases, I have sewn with great care.
There is so much love put in them, and of course with great flare.
May next year bring good fortune and good health
and of course to you all the same plus great wealth!

Happy Christmas to you all, and to all a great New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment